Protest Trump, Pence and the Republican Congress
Actions in and around Gainesville for Friday, Jan. 20 and Saturday, Jan. 21
compiled by National Women’s Liberation, Gainesville chapter (send additions/corrections to email@example.com)
Wherever you are! • Women Strike! Organized by National Women’s Liberation
see http://womenstrike.org/ to sign the pledge to strike, go to https://www.facebook.com/events/937151086387054/ facebook event page
(LOCAL NWL AND NOW GNV ACTION BELOW FOR SATURDAY)
Strike in D.C. / in your home town / at school / for all or part of the time / from all or some of your work
JOIN US IN A TWO-DAY STRIKE TO PROTEST TRUMP, PENCE, AND THE REPUBLICAN CONGRESS’ PLANS FOR US
National Women’s Liberation calls all women, girls, trans*, and nonbinary folks to strike Jan. 20 – 21
Trump, Pence, and the Republican Congress have made their anti-woman agenda clear and have promised to cut, undermine, eliminate, or privatize every social compact from public schools to Medicare to Social Security. They expect the family (that is, WOMEN) to fill in the gaps and pick up the pieces. NO WE WON’T.
WE STRIKE FROM:
Paid jobs * Emotional Labor * Childcare * Diapers * Housework * Cooking * Sweeping * Laundry * Dishes * Errands * Groceries * Fake smiles * Flirting * Makeup * Laundry * Shaving * What are you striking from?
WE STRIKE FOR:
• An end to racist and sexual assaults, and all forms of bigotry
• Reproductive freedom, full access, and no coercion
• National Health Care for all
Friday, Jan. 20, noon – 10 pm at City Hall Gainesville, Florida (keep up with FB or Slack, plans in process)
• Counter-Inauguration Rally in GNV, organized by Gainesville City of Resistance, 200 E University Ave, Gainesville, Florida 32601
https://www.facebook.com/events/1839130823032976/ facebook event page
• Tallahassee Walk OUT, by Tallahassee Students for a Democratic Society — https://www.facebook.com/events/1597318556961013/ facebook event page
• National Call in Day re Medicare For All — http://www.fight4medicare.com
Call and email Congress over the next few weeks and especially on Jan. 20. Tell your representatives that our dysfunctional system of financing through private insurers must be replaced by an efficient and equitable single-payer system.
Saturday January 21 — Women’s March on Washington and solidarity marches/actions
Many members of GNV community are flying to DC and at least four buses are driving up to DC.
• Women’s March on Washington — WEBSITE:https://www.womensmarch.com
FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/Womens-March-on-Washington-1338822066131069/
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/womensmarch — INSTAGRAM: http://www.instagram.com/womensmarch
• GNV Buses/prep for Women’s March on Washington: GNV group about the Women’s March on Washington
Sign up form for the bus to DC (if not full)
• “Let’s make signs and cover a few pre-march topics.” Hosted by Holly Sprinkle — Saturday, Jan. 14 at 2 – 4 pm — Millhopper Branch Library — 3145 NW 43rd St, Gainesville, Florida 32606 — https://www.facebook.com/events/1574538069242325/ Facebook event page
• Picket for #womenstrike & Solidarity with Women’s March on Washington — Saturday, Jan. 21 at 1-3 pm in Gainesville: NWL and Gainesville Area NOW – details still being worked out! — (www.womenstrike.org) and in solidarity with Women’s March on Washington
https://www.facebook.com/events/1058946427584782/ Facebook event page — firstname.lastname@example.org — sign making and prep for march in DC and GNV #womenstrike picket Saturday, Jan. 14
Other Florida marches: Go to www.womensmarch.com to find sister events
Other upcoming NWL events:
• NWL General Organizing Meetings, GNV, The second Tuesday of every month- beginning Jan. 10, Location: 200 NE 1st Street, suite 201 (second floor). Entrance at the back door.
• National Women of Color Caucus Meeting, Mon, Jan. 9, 7:30-8:30 pm, RSVP to get more info — email@example.com.
• Tallahassee NWL Organizing Committee – Next Steps Meeting, Sunday Jan. 8, 4 pm – 6 pm, at the Plant, 517 W Gaines St, • Tallahassee, Florida 32301, https://www.facebook.com/events/1754224151563780/
• NWL TALLY meetings, 2nd Sunday of every month, 2-4 pm at the Plant.